Monday 7 March 2011

There's a Bike in My Kitchen!

Oh the horror of drawing bikes... I'm not particularly interested in bikes, I like them and I wish my bike was here in Carlisle but I never wanted to draw one. And then Simon set up a still life of three bikes in various positions. It was terrifying and challenging and at the same time I quite enjoyed it. The brief was to draw the installation and then create two editorial illustrations: one using our original drawing without adding extra elements to the composition and another adding in elements of the kitchen and a bike maintenance workshop. The made up article was about how families don't eat or cook together anymore and how bike ownership is on the rise and so the kitchen was inevitably going to turn into a bike workshop...

these are my illustrations:





I quite like them but also get the feeling that something is missing, if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment